Aerospace and Defense
With a unique and diverse concentration of defense and cybersecurity businesses, commercial aerospace companies, a skilled engineering workforce, and military bases and commands, Colorado Springs is a national epicenter for the aerospace and defense industries.
- $12 Billion in annual Economic Impact
- 240 Aerospace and Defense Companies
- 5 Military Installations
- 105,000 employees
- $52,540 Annual Salary
- 53,696 Military Veterans
- Great American Defense Community Award Winner
- #4 City for Defense Jobs
Information Technology & Cybersecurity
As the first city to log in to the “World Wide Web” in 1968, Colorado Springs has a rich history in advancing the information technology industry. Adding a diverse military presence to the mix makes the Colorado Springs region a natural fit for IT and cybersecurity companies looking to expand, start up or relocate.
- 80+ Cybersecurity Companies
- 140 IT Companies
- $116,000 Average annual salary in Cybersecurity
- 5 Workforce training organizations in Cybersecurity
- 5 Local Military Installations
- Top Universities for Cybersecurity, Colorado Technical University. –Digital Guardian, 2016
Healthcare & Medical Technologies
With one of the fittest populations in the country, as well as access to collaboration across industries that foster ingenuity, healthcare in Colorado Springs is going above and beyond the status quo. From inventing and manufacturing life-saving medical device components to ensuring that future Olympians reach peak performance, the opportunities for companies looking to expand operations in medical innovation, technology and healthcare in the Colorado Springs region are solid gold.
- 60+ Medical device manufacturers and Life Science companies
- 27,000+ Medical Innovation and Technology Employees
- 11,000+ Healthcare employees
- $82,000 average annual salary in medical innovation and technology
- $56,408 average annual salary in healthcare, 2013
- 122,000 direct and indirect jobs in medical innovation and technology
Known as Olympic City USA, Colorado Springs is the heart of the nation’s Olympic movement, where a timeless culture of achievement, patriotism and dedication sits comfortably alongside awe-inspiring beauty and refreshingly down-to-earth views of the world. Colorado Springs is also the epicenter of an extensive sport industry, with sport product manufacturers and numerous other fitness and training companies, and annual athletic events operating within the region. In Colorado Springs, our high-performing sports industry knows no limits. Winter or summer, in an ice arena, a velodrome or on the trail, Colorado Springs has experience with just about every type of sport. By drawing on the strength of its athletes and natural testing terrain, Colorado Springs has the makings of a champion.
- 59 National and international sports organizations
- 23 national governing bodies of sport
- $400 Million generated annually
- 15,000 athletes hosted short term annually at the U.S. Olympic Training Center
- 14+ sports events hosted annually
- 1 of 3 official Olympic Training Centers in the U.S.
From assembling bicycle products to producing electronics equipment and medical devices, Colorado Springs’ manufacturing presence is diverse and vibrant. The region’s facilities, which operate on low utility costs and taxes, are leading some of the world’s most innovative manufacturing ventures around the globe. For example, Springs Fabrication, a leading metal manufacturing company, led the assembly for a system that filtered radiation out of Fukushima’s waters.
- 402 manufacturing companies
- 11,775 employees
- $69,576 Average annual salary in manufacturing
Source: Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC, 2017